Friday, March 19, 2010

A Visit to So-Cal to see the E Rod '55 Chevy

Carl and I were invited to join the Cal Rods Car Club members along with local press to have lunch with the gang at So-Cal Speed Shop.


It was the debut of the E-Rod crate engine package by GM Performance. One of these motors is in the So-Cal roadster.


Carl and Pete in front of the '55 Chevy, the first ever E-ROD hot rod.


The weather could not have been any better.


From what I learned you will be able to purchase a high-performance, emissions-compliant engine and transmission right out of the crate and drop in into your hot rod and you will meet all the emissions requirements for specialty-constructed vehicles.


This '55 Chevy was first shown at the 2009 SEMA Show.


Carl, me and Pete. Posers!


I asked Pete if he would fire up his roadster so that I could hear the motor. Sounds good to me!

That's it for a Friday afternoon in warm and beautiful Southern California.

Kathy

No comments: